If your long-term medication has been approved on a repeat prescription basis you can re-order in a number of ways:
- Voicemail - please leave a message by dialling 2587 1200 (Ahoghill patients) and 2588 2222 (Cullybackey patients) - press 1 to access our voicemail system, please note this facility is available 24 hours a day so can be accessed outside working hours.
- In person - please complete an order form available at the reception desk.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By fax - to 028 2587 8628 (Ahoghill patients) or 028 2588 3900 (Cullybackey patients)
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. Prescriptions will be available for collection on the second working day after 2pm at reception desk or after 3pm at the chemist requested.
Prescription request received
Prescription available for collection
Fri, Sat or Sunday
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.